[dev] ongoing performance problem, please help

Sebastian Birnbach birnbacs at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 16:25:14 UTC 2015

Thanks for the input, Ralf,

> Maybe mysql setup (buffer sizing) is not well chosen for your hardware

> size. This might cause delays and spikes in performance.

Maybe so but it should also affect phpmyadmin which is really convenient in
speed.

> Did you check if you have a local timezone file instead of the fallback
> (download it anew all the time)

This sounds interesting.

I did set the timezone in php.ini to
date.timezone = "Europe/Berlin"
(with and without quotation marks) but it does not seem to make a
difference if I comment it out again to use the default.
Unfortunately I cannot tcpdump the interface to see if horde is phoning
home because BSD is running in a jail and the external system does not
allow tcpdump.

> Do you have any xdebug traces?

I am looking at installing xdebug and checking that but I am a bit
reluctant as I never used it before.

> Without further information it's hard to tell why your installation is
> way slower than those of other people.

Yes, I can see that.
While I may not be the best of super-admins I think I am doing a good job
and a really really clean installation should not behave like that. It bugs
me that I cannot find the error that makes horde virtually unusable on my
system.

I think I will roll back to PHP54 as I recall I had a working system before
upgrading.

Kind regards

  Sebastian