[dev] performance problem -> does horde use raw sockets

Sebastian Birnbach birnbacs at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 12:33:43 UTC 2015

All,

I have made the host's ethernet interface available inside the jail and
checked with tcpdump if PHP secretly downloads a file as a reason for the
5-seconds-delay to every HTTP request. This does not seem the case, nothing
suspicious is going on.

Is it possible that horde is using raw sockets for something? A ping to
some internet host maybe? This concerns the base system, not one of the
applications (nag, kronolith etc), there are none installed yet.

Currently, nslookup is possible for everybody but ping is limited to root.
I am working on enabling it for users, too, just checking if I am barking
up the right tree.

Kind regards

  Sebastian