[dev] performance problem -> does horde use raw sockets

Sebastian Birnbach birnbacs at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 17:49:35 UTC 2015

Mike,

your input is much appreciated.

Another PHP-intensive application (PHPmyAdmin) is running fine so it's not
a real performance problem but clearly related to Horde. It seems to me the
trouble began when I upgraded from PHP 5.4 to 5.5 but I am not sure. Sure
is only that it used to be a lot faster and that a reinstallation from
scratch (both operating system and applications) did not fix it. It is
probably some wierd thing with the jail it is running in, a permissions
problem or a network connection that doesn't work out. There is little left
to test, the sockets from user space is one thing. If that fails... maybe
investing in new hardware that runs without jails is less expensive than
drilling to the bottom of this :-((

Kind regards and more updates as soon as I get to it

  Sebastian