[dev] Whups: attribute data not written to DB

Sebastian Birnbach birnbacs at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 09:04:48 UTC 2015

I have a problem that has kept me busy for a week or so now. All debugging
attempts ultimately failed, maybe one of you has a new idea for me. Oh, and
yes, I filed a bug on this.

I have a ticket type with only two custom elements: a text string and a
monthdayyear object. The first works OK, the second doesn't get written to
the DB. I can operate the form and create or change both entries but the
entered information of the second object just goes into nirvana.

The monthdayyear object itself is not the problem as I changed the Due Date
(a default attribute that comes with every ticket) to that type and I have
no probem there. I have not tested through the whole list of possible form
elements but I see that at least some of the rest also have difficulties,
namely the file attachment attribute.

Some details:
*  when creating a new ticket with whups we start in whups/form/create.php
* here, a new ticket is created:
$ticket = Whups_Ticket::newTicket($info, $GLOBALS['registry']->getAuth());
* however, the monthdayyear information is already missing here
* if I tweak the $info object manually to contain the missing information
before the call, the DB record is written correctly
* however, the "history" tab does not show the info while it is displayed
on the "update" tab
* upon updating any field in the ticket via Whups, the table entry is
deleted again

It appears to me that there is both a read and a write problem with
user-added attributes. Probably this concerns the PEAR part of horde, which
makes me a bit reluctant to even touch it.

Any ideas?

Kind regards

  Sebastian