[dev] user-changeable password

Sebastian Birnbach birnbacs at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 08:20:46 UTC 2016

Hi all,

this may have been covered before but I was unable to find a solution on
the net. I am running Horde with SQL authentication and would like to
permit my users to change their passwords. As far as I can see the user can
chose between

a.) asking the admin to let him use the admin console and change the PW
or
b.) having his password reset to a random (?) value and mailed to him.

I am surprised that there seems to be no better solution, i.e. permitting
the user to change his password secretly and to a string he prefers.

Kind regards

  Sebastian