[dev] how to debug address completion?

Sebastian Birnbach birnbacs at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 08:27:51 UTC 2016

Im still trying to debug the address completion in webmail's compose window.

I made sure the correct address book and all fields (name, company) are
selected in the user prefs.

I traced the Ajax call in the web server's access log:

Sep 14 09:51:18 max HORDE: [turba] SQL  (0,0013s)       SELECT object_id,
object_type, object_members, object_nameprefix,         object_firstname,
object_lastname, object_namesuffix, object_company    FROM turba_objects
WHERE ((LOWER(object_nameprefix) LIKE     LOWER('%buch%') OR
LOWER(object_firstname) LIKE LOWER('%buch%') OR      LOWER(object_lastname)
LIKE LOWER('%buch%') OR          LOWER(object_namesuffix) LIKE
LOWER('%buch%')) OR       LOWER(object_company) LIKE LOWER('%buch%')) [pid
14917 on line 321 of "/usr/local/share/pear/Horde/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php"]

Using the CLI to the mySQL database for that call returns a valid result:

mysql> SELECT object_id, object_type, object_members, object_nameprefix,
      object_firstname, object_lastname, object_namesuffix, object_company
   FROM turba_objects WHERE ((LOWER(object_nameprefix) LIKE
LOWER('%buch%') OR LOWER(object_firstname) LIKE LOWER('%buch%') OR
 LOWER(object_lastname) LIKE LOWER('%buch%') OR
 LOWER(object_namesuffix) LIKE LOWER('%buch%')) OR
LOWER(object_company) LIKE LOWER('%buch%'))
    -> ;
+-------------------------+-------------+----------------+-------------------+------------------+-----------------+-------------------+----------------+
| object_id               | object_type | object_members |
object_nameprefix | object_firstname | object_lastname | object_namesuffix
| object_company |
+-------------------------+-------------+----------------+-------------------+------------------+-----------------+-------------------+----------------+
| hCZggvr9yZlBnS_bHbSbIw2 | Object      | NULL           |
  | Thomas           | Buchholz        | NULL              | BSH

+-------------------------+-------------+----------------+-------------------+------------------+-----------------+-------------------+----------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

However, I notice that the search in question does not retrieve the
person's email address.

This does not seem right to me: what I am interested in is exactly the
email adress while the fetched fields seem of far lesser interest. What is
the intended behavior of the auto-complete feature, is the user supposed to
see a list of retrieved persons and prompted to select one so that the
email address gets fetched in a separate AJAX call?

Any ideas?

  Sebastian