[dev] Horde_Rdo_Query with wildcard characters

Sebastian Birnbach birnbacs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 10:00:45 UTC 2016

All,

I am working on an Rdo_Query that depends on data a user submits in a form.
Everything works well except that SQL wildcard characters like '%' and '_'
do not work.

A query, for example, for "1234" returns one object. A query for "123%",
however, does not.

In the latter case the query according to getQuery() is:
array(2) {
  [0]=>
  string(142) "SELECT customer, ourref FROM mytable WHERE mytable.`ourref`
= ? OR mytable.`yourref` = ? ORDER BY ourref DESC LIMIT 20"
  [1]=>
  array(2) {
    [0]=>
    string(4) "123%"
    [1]=>
    string(4) "123%"
  }
}

This looks good to me, the query is well formatted, the bind parameters are
correct, everything is right in place. I tried adding single ticks around
the search string and escaping the wildcard with an exclamation mark, but
to no avail.

Thanks for your help

  Sebastian