[dev] Change Horde code to get new verb from Dovecot

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Oct 26 12:15:14 UTC 2016

> Quoting Mike Poznecki <poz_sa at yahoo.com>:
>
>> Hello, I am currently trying to modify Horde to get a new verb from
>> my Dovecot server.  I can do this in python, but have not been able
>> to figure out how to do this in php/Horde.  I have a modified
>> Dovecot which has a new verb called "tMember".  Here is how I do it
>> in python:
>> server.uid('FETCH', num, 'tMember')
>> I have been working on this for about a week without any luck.  So
>> far I have traced the code to Socket.php, but am still not sure I'm
>> looking in the right place.
>> Can you please help me?  I'm not sure where to look, or even how to
>> do it in php.
>> Thank yo so much,Jerry

Not exactly sure what you mean by "verbs", but I think you are
referring to the "message data item name" or "macro" argument to the
FETCH command (such as BODY or FLAGS etc...).

If this is the case, it's not doable without hacking the code.
Offhand, you will probably need to hack
Horde_Imap_Client_Fetch_Query:: to add the new data name, change
Horde_Imap_Client_Socket::_fetchCmd to build the correct FETCH syntax,
Horde_Imap_Client_Socket::_parseFetch to parse the response, and
probably Horde_Imap_Client_Fetch_Results as well.