[dev] Horde_Rdo_Query->limit() fully working?

Sebastian Birnbach birnbacs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 18:08:29 UTC 2016

Dear all,

I am working on some PHP code to output one complete table from the backend
mySQL database for backup purposes. It seems a good idea to retrieve the
entries this in chunks, so when there are really many of them (say, tens of
thousands) the db doesn't get overloaded.

For this, I am using HordeRdoMapper->limit($CHUNKSIZE, $offset).
After every call (->find()), I do a $offset += $CHUNKSIZE on the mapper and
loop on.

However, if $offset is anything different from 0, nothing is returned from
the db. Never. Regardless of what integer $offset is set to. Before I file
a bug, a quick question to you guys: is the limit() method supposed to be
working with $offset?

  Sebastian