[dev] Horde 6 and HTML 5

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Wed Jan 4 18:31:32 UTC 2017

Hallo,

as the development code in master is now officially marked as Horde 6
and not Horde 5.3, may I ask for some clarification?

Will HTML 5 features be allowed in new code?

I am not proposing redesigning everything to become valid html 5 just
because it's new. Also, a single page should be either completely HTML 5
or completely HTML 4. (Maybe a whole app should be either).

I am especially asking for usage of the date, time tags, datetime
attribute and the data-* attribute space.

They received quite mixed acceptance but are supported in all relevant
browsers and related technologies.

http://www.marcofolio.net/webdesign/html5_data-_attributes_are_great_and_you_know_it.html

http://ejohn.org/blog/html-5-data-attributes/

--