[dev] The Content Controller / ApplicationController - How does this work

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Tue Feb 21 05:35:42 UTC 2017

On 20.02.2017 20:07, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:

> Quoting Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:
>
>> How does this work? Where is the magic part I am missing?
>> Is this design considered future proof or is this a dead end which I
>> should not follow designing new applications?
>
> To tell the truth, the implementation in Content is probably broken.
> Chuck wrote that very early on as a POC and it's not used anywhere in
> out code (we access the API directly, and don't use the
> routes/controller interface). I would base your code after the way it's
> done in E.g., Nag or Trean. The Horde website
> (https://github.com/horde/horde-web) also uses Horde_Controller and
> Horde_Routes, as well as my personal website
> (https://github.com/mrubinsk/turweb_blog) if you want to see other
> examples.

Thank you very much. I have looked at these examples and followed mostly
Nag/Trean. Content just puzzled me.

Our current internal tools (duty roster, project list, workflow tool)
tend to use controllers for drawing pages, Ajax_Application_Handler for
Ajax/json and a separate unauthenticated endpoint / rampage.php
lookalike for REST stuff until I get the proposed implementation done.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Mail: lang at b1-systems.de