[dev] user.log flooding with error message

Hans Dingemans spaarder at hotmail.nl
Thu Mar 30 19:00:51 UTC 2017

Hi all,

First of all big THANKS to all contributing to the great Horde framework. Using it for years, very happy with it!

After the upgrade to the last webmail version (5.2.18) however my console and user.log got flooded with this message:

 HORDE: The property _logger does not exist [pid 22472 on line 642 of "/usr/share/php/Horde/ActiveSync.php"]

When I look at the code:

   public function __get($property)
    {
        switch ($property) {
        case 'encoder':
        case 'decoder':
        case 'state':
        case 'request':
        case 'driver':
        case 'provisioning':
        case 'multipart':
        case 'certPath':
            $property = '_' . $property;
            return $this->$property;
        case 'logger':
            return self::$_logger;
        case 'device':
            return self::$_device;
        default:
            throw new InvalidArgumentException(sprintf(
                'The property %s does not exist',
                $property)

.... it seems that this function is called with argument "_logger" while it should have been "logger"; I can't find where this call is, though.

I could not find anything on the net on this, am I the only one with this problem (configuration error?) or not (than I will file a bug report)?

Thanks!