[dev] Git repository split finished

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Oct 9 07:42:59 UTC 2017

Hi,

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

>> Hi,
>>
>> as announced a few days ago, we are starting the Git repository
>> split right now. Ironically on the national German holiday,
>> celebrating the unification of West and East Germany. :-)
>>
>> Wish us all good luck,
>> Jan.
>
> The split went fine so far, the old horde repository has been
> deprecated, and the documentation at
> https://www.horde.org/development/git has been updated.
>
> We're not completely done yet, especially the mail notifications
> haven't been set up yet. Thus I ask all Horde developers to not
> start committing to the new repositories yet.

The Git split is complete and the repositories are open for commits again.

Email notifications and automatic updating of bugs.horde.org work
fine. A FRAMEWORK_5_2 branch has been created for all libraries, so we
can keep maintaining those for Horde 5 while further proceeding with
the Horde 6 release.

There is still stuff to do on the new repositories and on our tool set
(https://wiki.horde.org/Project/SplitGitRepo), but for the current
stable code and releases, everything should be in place. I'll try to
push a Kronolith release today, to see if this still works correctly
too.

Please note that for installations that run from a Git checkout,
things have changed a lot. First, you are still save to run your
existing Git installation, and don't have to be afraid to accidentally
break anything by running upgrades. You just won't get any upgrades
anymore. ;-)
If you want to start with a new installation from Git, or want to
migrate to the current Git layout to keep up with updates, please
follow the new instructions at https://www.horde.org/development/git
and https://github.com/horde/git-tools/blob/master/README.md.

Please let us know about any documentation that's unclear, or
incorrect, or anything else that doesn't work correctly yet.

Thanks for your patience,
Jan.

--
Jan Schneider