[dev] understanding Horde Permissions

Sebastian Birnbach birnbacs at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 09:56:42 UTC 2017

I see that and how permissions are defined in <application>/Application.php
through function perms(). It is also clear how to set permissions through
the console.

However, I have a hard time accessing the permissions such as to enforce
them.

I see that some Horde applications use <application>::hasPermission() and
overload the Horde_Registry_Application::hasPermissions() method (which
simply returns 1 all the time). But that does not give access to the
permissions set in the console. So, how do I read the console-controlled
permissions?

https://wiki.horde.org/Doc/Dev/PermsPackage only shows information on Horde
<5.

Kind regards