[dev] bootstrapping a new horde library pear xml

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Sun Feb 11 19:58:02 UTC 2018

Hi all,

we are currently factoring out some bundled stuff into separate
libraries for re-use and code cleanliness. I wanted to use the
components helper app to bootstrap a new library, but I didn't get it
right first. I still feel I did not do it right, though I have some
autogenerated xml now.

I had /doc, /lib and /test paths, each having its /Horde/$Lib/ subpaths.

I created a minimalistic .horde.yml and .gitignore

I created a bogus CHANGES file

------------
v1.0.0alpha1
------------

First alpha release for Horde 5.

I created a stub changelog.yml file

---
1.0.0alpha1:
  api: 1.0.0
  state:
    release: alpha
    api: alpha
  date: 2018-02-08
  license:
    identifier: LGPL-2.1
    uri: http://www.horde.org/licenses/lgpl21
  notes:
    First alpha release for Horde 5.

I ran php -d
include_path="/srv/www/vhosts.d/horde-dev2018.ralf-lang.de/libs/"
../components/bin/horde-components update --regenerate

horde-components: error: You are neither in a component directory nor
specified it as the first argument!

I added a barebone package.xml (see attached) and ran again. That did
the trick. The script now updates with all existing files and I can
generate a valid pear package.

maintaina:/srv/git/horde-dev2018/Query # php -d
include_path="/srv/www/vhosts.d/horde-dev2018.ralf-lang.de/libs/:/usr/share/php5/PEAR"
 ../components/bin/horde-components snapshot
[   OK   ] Generated snapshot
           /srv/git/horde-dev2018/Query/Horde_Query-1.0.0dev201802111949.tgz

I wonder if I can strip any more data without breaking it.
The .horde.yml file seems to be the primary source for metadata, the
file list is autogenerated.

Is there a documented process I should follow?
I'd like to add some boilerplate to the git-tools thing once I
understand what is required. I already moved the application skeleton
script into git-tools infrastructure.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer