[dev] Preparing compatibility with PHPUnit 6

Mathieu Parent math.parent at gmail.com
Tue May 15 13:20:48 UTC 2018

Hello,

In Debian (and Ubuntu), we need to patch Horde to pass tests with
latest phpunit. This leads to divergence with Horde that we want to
avoid.

I propose to send pull requests to do the following, preserving
current compatibility with phpunit 4.8 while preparing for phpunit 6:
- 1. Add expectException method to Horde_Test_Case calling
parent::expectException on phpunit >= 5.2 and setExpectedException on
< 5.2 (see [PHPUnit-5.2.0])
- 2. Replace all "extends PHPUnit_Framework_TestCase" by "extends
Horde_Test_Case" (> 300 occurences)
- 3. Replace all "$this->setExpectedException(...)" calls by
"$this->expectException(...)" (this will require a version bump of
dependency Horde_Test to the one implementing 1.)

This will fix most of the compatibility problems.

What do you think? Maybe step 2 can be done by one of the core devs
with direct commit rights?

Regards

--
Mathieu Parent