[dev] pulling Horde sources

Sebastian Birnbach birnbacs at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 03:37:32 UTC 2019

Thanks Michael, a few issues remain.

issue #1: during cloning I got this warning for each repository. Is that a
problem?
[  INFO  ] Cloning vilma into ~/git/Horde/vilma
[   OK   ] Cloning into '/home/develop/git/Horde/vilma'...
PHP Warning:  file_put_contents(~/git/Horde/vilma/.git/config): failed to
open stream: No such file or directory in
/usr/home/develop/git/horde-git-tools/lib/Action/Git/CloneRepositories.php
on line 92

issue #2: I found out that conf.php does not like '~' paths. But even with
an absolute path the checkout command does not work and throws this kind of
error for earch repository:
[  INFO  ] Repository: Notification
[  INFO  ] Switching Notification to branch: FRAMEWORK_5_2
Notification: error: pathspec 'FRAMEWORK_5_2' did not match any file(s)
known to git

issue #3: I wonder how the available Horde branches can be shown, the
'branch' command seems not implemented:
horde-git-tools/bin/horde-git-tools git branch
horde-git-tools: error: You did not specify an action!

For the list: here is what worked for me so far:

* install git
cd /usr/ports/devel/git/
sudo portmaster

* install composer
cd /usr/ports/devel/php-composer/
sudo portmaster

* get horde-git-tools
git init
git clone https://github.com/horde/git-tools.git horde-git-tools
cd horde-git-tools
composer.phar install

* configure horde-git-tools
cd config
cp conf.php.dist conf.php
* set at least $conf['git_base'] to an existing directory
vi conf.php

* clone Horde files from github
horde-git-tools/bin/horde-git-tools git clone

* check out release version
horde-git-tools/bin/horde-git-tools git checkout FRAMEWORK_5_2