[dev] components tool: CHANGED command

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Thu May 9 11:24:06 UTC 2019

Hi,

Am 09.05.19 um 10:09 schrieb Jan Schneider:

> Zitat von Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:
>
>> Hallo,
>>
>> the git master version of the components tool seems to ignore both
>> CHANGES and package.xml when running the changed command.
>> Only changelog.yml is updated.
>>
>> While it makes sense to phase out CHANGES, I wonder if not updating the
>> history of package.xml is on purpose.
>> Maybe it happens somewhere later in the release process?
>
> Correct, it happens during the release now. There is no use to update
> three files at once, if two are only built from the first one anyway.
> Plus, it makes merging between branches harder. changelog.yml is
> supposed to be the same across all branches, while the correct
> versions are picked from it during release time.
Yes, perfectly makes sense.
One more reason I need to adapt the release tool for my downstream use
case (which I need to do anyway)

>> The version shipped with git-tools seems to update package.xml and
>> CHANGES.
>
> composer.lock could use an update probably. We don't use the update or
> release command of components in the git-tools though.
I currently use components through a forked git-tools exclusively
(composer, changed, update, qc unit) for the composer/satis stuff. See
other thread [horde] Transition to Composer

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Mail: lang at b1-systems.de