[dev] Hermes and the EuG

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri May 24 21:37:12 UTC 2019

> Zitat von Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:
>
>> Hi Sebastian,
>>
>> Am 15.05.19 um 10:54 schrieb Sebastian Birnbach:
>>> The EuG has decided that every employer is obliged to track working hours
>>> of his employees. Sounds to me like just the task for the Hermes app.
>>>
>>> Hermes 2.0 appears to be in beta, but I cannot see for how long it has
>>> been, nor if there is an upcoming release any time soon. Can anybody
>>> provide a little more information please?
>>
>> Last time I checked, Hermes out of git worked well enough. You can
>> define deliverables and work types and log times against it.
>> Clients are pulled from the clients/ api, which by default should be
>> served by turba iirc.
>>
>> I don't think a proper pear release of hermes is on the top of anybody's
>> agenda though (maybe Jan knows).
>
> Correct. I think the largest road block is the unfinished ajax
> interface. Michael could say more on this.

I *think* the only thing that the ajax interface is missing is the
"client settings" stuff. AFAIK, all the other functionality is there.
I personally haven't had a Hermes release on my radar, but I'm not
opposed to putting one together. We've been using it in it's current
form for quite a long time internally here...