[dev] minified Javascript code in Horde

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Mon May 11 09:56:52 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of re-upload all of Horde back to Debian
after it had been removed by the previous package maintainer.

While doing this, I go over all the Horde source code and check its
compliance with Debian policy.

I found several bundled + minified Javascript libraries that I'd like
to bring up here (with the potential goal of having them exchanged to
their non-minified counterparts).

In Debian, I must not use minified JS files, and strictly said, I need
to repack the upstream tarballs and drop all minified code.

For these Horde components / JS bundles I could find a work around solution:

Horde_Core: OpenLayer.js (solution in Debian: I use OpenLayer-debug.js)
Horde_Core: jquery.mobile.min.css (solution in Debian: I grabbed the
non-minified
     counterpart from upstream and ship that instead)
Horde_Mime_Viewer: some of the syntaxhighlighter (3.0.83) Javascript files are
     minified (but there is an src/ folder in Horde_Mime_Viewer)

For this, I came up with a solution, I need feedback on:

Horde: Ships a bundled and minified version of plupload 1.5.1+

My solution for the plupload bundle was to drop the plupload 1.5.1+
shipped in Horde's source entirely and inject a plupload 1.5.3 from
upstream. Shipping old and unmaintained code in Debian is suboptimal,
so I wonder, if plupload is used at all in Horde theses days and if
also the latest upstream version of plupload would work instead
(2.3.6). Problematic with latest plupload might also be the fact that
its license got changed to AGPL-3+ (thus, one has to provide the exact
used copy of plupload for download ttw).

All in all, I've seen many other 3rd party Javascript libraries with
old versions bundled in Horde. Is there any chance of getting those
updated sooner or later?

Greets,
Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31