[dev] VCard 4.0 for Horde_Icalendar and turba

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Tue Mar 9 22:06:52 UTC 2021

https://github.com/maintaina-com/Icalendar/blob/FRAMEWORK_6_0-feature-vcard4/test/Horde/Icalendar/VcardV4Test.php

I have enhanced Horde_Icalendar to allow reading and writing vcard 4.0
objects.

This is covered with a suite of about 100 test assertions in 42 tests.
The unit tests are in PHPUnit 9 format as there is an ongoing effort to
convert all unit tests to phpunit 9.
There are a few fields dropped from Vcard 4.0 which the code actively
prevents to be written. In some cases, appropriate substitutes are written.

There are no specific tests for popular vcard extension fields. Not yet.
I am especially interested in the EXPERTISE/INTEREST/HOBBY fields from
RFC 6715. A colleague is also very eager to get IMPP field support.

I have already looked into turba to find the appropriate places in
Turba_Application::davGet* and Turba_Driver::toHash /
Turba_Driver::toVcard - also, the default schema and the mapping need to
learn a few new fields.
This is yet to be done on a different night.

Comments welcome.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer