[dev] PHP 8 compatibility

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Wed Jun 16 06:56:59 UTC 2021

Hi Matthias,

Am 14.06.2021 um 10:50 schrieb Matthias Althaus:
> Hi devs,
>
> I've just read through the latest threads and GH as well. I've seen some PHP 8 and composer related changes. We're using Horde/ImapClient at IServ and a currently in transition to PHP 8.
>
> Are there any plans to allow PHP 8 officially? Currently composer will block the regular installation. I'm investing if it's easier to "fix" that issue or to switch the IMAP client.
>
> Kind regards
> Matthias

PHP 8 Compat is something that needs to be achieved both on the
technical level and the formal whitelisting/packaging level.
I think the imap client itself will most likely be easy to make PHP 8
compatible but we need to look into its dependencies to be sure.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Mail: lang at b1-systems.de