[doc] Default locale for documentation: en or C

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue May 1 17:20:33 UTC 2007

Hi folks-

Right now, as you may have noticed if you're on the CVS list, I'm
working on revamping/reviving our docbook documentation (in CVS in the
hordedoc/ module - http://cvs.horde.org/hordedoc/).

I've converted most of the infrastructure over to docbook-xsl, which
provides a much simpler tool chain than the docbook-dsssl and sgml
tools previously did. And it's currently set up to be able to build
the dev manual in various languages, albeit one at a time.

Current small question: should the default documentation be in the
"en" directory, for english, or should it be in "C", for the default
system locale?

Help working on this would be _very_ welcome. Please take a look at
the makefile, help me make it more elegant and flexible for building
multiple books and languages (perhaps even all at once, at least if
you ask it to), combining books into custom manuals (I want an admin +
developer manual for only IMP), etc. Tell me things I got wrong on the
docbook or makefile side, I'm sure there's plenty of it.

Thanks!

-chuck