[doc] Re: INSTALL document for development versions

Scott Martin martin@math.ohiou.edu
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 10:20:42 -0500

Sure it is:

RENAME(1)           Linux Programmer's Manual           RENAME(1)

NAME
       rename - Rename files

SYNOPSIS
       rename from to file...

DESCRIPTION
       rename  will  rename  the specified files by replacing the
       first occurrence of from in their name by to.

       For example, given the files foo1, ..., foo9, foo10,  ...,
       foo278, the commands

              rename foo foo0 foo?
              rename foo foo0 foo??

       will  turn  them  into  foo001,  ..., foo009, foo010, ...,
       foo278.

       And
              rename .htm .html *.htm

       will fix the extension of your html files.

SEE ALSO
       mv(1)

                          1 Januari 2000                        1

(END)