[horde] Re: Documentation reccomendations

doug moore lordscarlet@idledreams.net
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 09:56:57 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Brent J. Nordquist [mailto:bjn@horde.org]
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 7:17 AM
To: doc@lists.horde.org
Cc: horde@lists.horde.org
Subject: [horde] Re: Documentation reccomendations

[Dragging this over to <doc@lists.horde.org>...]

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, doug moore <lordscarlet@idledreams.net> wrote:

>> The documentation i used was horde/docs/INSTALL, so this is in reference
>> that and with the assumption of a default redhat instlal, which is what
the
>> INSTALL documentation uses:

>Thanks for your notes!  Well, ugh, in the 2.2.x branch we've kept the
>INSTALL docs up-to-date pretty well, but they've been languishing in
>HEAD... I'm surprised you only found 4.

these are the 4 i remember :)

>> redhat does not seem to symlink a /init.d

>RH 6.x doesn't, so that's one of the standard things I do as I install an
>RH 6.x system.  In RH 7.x they make the sym. link during install.

i have RH 7.0 and no symlink.. i did install over 6.x if that could cause it
to happen?

>> /** 4
>> Also, i THINK you have to do:
>>
>> mysqladmin [ -h <host> ] -u hordemgr -p password <new-password>
>>
>> after creating hordemgr

>That's covered by this step:
>
>    mysql> replace into user ( host, user, password )
>        values ('localhost', 'hordemgr', password('hordepass'));
>
>as long as you flush privileges that does the trick.

hmm.. i did that and couldnt' seem to access it (even from command line:
mysql -u hordemgr -p) but i could be wrong.. that's why it says "i THINK"
because it was during my hectic attempts to try and get the damn thing
working :)