[doc] Fwd: IMP end user documentation - request for writer

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 00:04:30 -0400

On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 09:53:52PM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch (chuck@horde.org) wrote:

> We use IMP. End users request for an "end-user" level manual. I
> wonder if any of your team and/or volunteers would like to do this
> at a cost.

As it turns out, there's already an end-user manual, which the folks
at e-smith <URL:http://www.e-smith.org/> have compiled and donated to
the project. It may have some e-smith specific bits in it right now,
but as soon as I've got some academic obligations out of the way (at
the end of the week! Yay!) , I'll be genericizing it and giving them a
set of diffs, and from thereon in, it's a generic IMP manual.

In other words, it sounds pretty much like what you're after, except
that it's in docbook, not Word. :-)

It's currently sitting in pieces on my home machine, but the e-smith
version's available in PDF format too. You can grab the entirely
unmodified e-smith version at the bottom of

  http://www.e-smith.org/docs/manual/

and if you're in no big hurry, there'll be a generic IMP manual as
soon as I get a chance to learn DocBook and edit what needs editing.

I'm already getting paid to do it (since I can do it on work time), so
that takes care of that *other* part, too. Ain't free software grand?

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services