[Doc] Re: [dev] faq's fail xhtml checks, other stuff.

Mon, 13 May 2002 11:05:00 -0500

Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:

> Zitat von Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:
>
> > Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:
> >
> > > What exactly don't you find? The error messages are pretty clear to
> > me.
> >
> > They tell me exactly what the error is, and how to fix it.  What they
> > don't tell me is what source file the problem occurs in, since the faq
> > is made up of a bunch of included files...
>
> Ah, I see what you mean. But how should the validator know what files are
> being included on the server side?

It shouldn't.  I was hoping someone on this list would.  I guess not,
so I guess I'll just kill this thread now.

> I'd take the html source from the generated faq, compare it with the error
> messages and line numbers from the validator and do a grep on the files
> included in the faq.

I did.  Didn't find anything.  So I asked the list.  Didn't get an
answer.  So I'll try to figure it out on my own.  Was just hoping someone
who helped maintain the faq in the past knew/understood the structure
of the faqs enough to answer, without me spending another hour or two
trying to figure it out.

--
Eric Rostetter
eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu

Hey Rocky!  Watch me pull a rabbit from my hat!