[doc] Re: Horde/IMP umich.edu docs?

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sat Apr 26 23:13:22 PDT 2003

Quoting Paul Reilly <pareilly at tcd.ie>:

> Liam, Eric,
>
> Was the excellent IMP docs your team came up with ever contributed to
> the Horde/IMP project? I seem to recall it was?

The umich stuff was contributed, and it was put into a cvs module called
hordedoc.  It is available to anyone, though it was never released in
any output format or anything.  So you would need to grab it from cvs.

> Is it available in HTML format anywhere?

You can view what is available (unmodified) at:

http://www.ph.utexas.edu/~ericr/horde/

and (modified for my site) at from the "userguide" link at:

https://mail.ph.utexas.edu/

The module generates html, php, pdf, and maybe more (not sure any more) output
formats.  The above links are the php format.

> I'd like to use it as a base for our documentation here!

Sure, yes, go for it.  And contribute back.  The code in the module
is based off the CVS HEAD versions of the modules as of late last year
or so.  It can be modified for older/newer/release versions.

My goal for the last several months has been to parameterize it, so you
can set parameters for things like: production version docs, cvs head
version docs, include/exclude specific module docs, etc.  Or maybe even
a "setup script" that asks about these, and generates the correct
parameters.  However, that's been on my to-do list since last year
and has yet to happen...  I'm involved in another giant project and
Horde has taken a back seat unfortunately.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!