[doc] Building docs on Windows?

Ryan Gallagher ryan at studiesabroad.com
Wed Apr 30 01:56:43 PDT 2003

Quoting Jeff Donnici <jeff at donnici.com>:

> > Have a look at the stuff in
> > /hordedoc/hordeadmin/work/Apache-Mysql-Php-Horde
> > and you may be able to reuse some of there to get it
> > to work. Not sure, but may give you some hints.
>
> Thanks, Mike and Chuck. I'll mess around with it some and post here if I
> have any luck. If not, I'll just build it on Linux and be done with it.
> ;-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Jeff

Not to interject.  But if the docs are valid XML flavored Docbook, then you
might be able to use ANY xslt parser in conjunction with the docbook xsl
stylesheets (versus the DSSSL ones).

I use Sablotron alot, and it has generated html/xhtml docs in this method just
fine. Getting to the PDF in this route would require the addition of an FO
(formatter) component for windows.  I'm sure it's possible, but i haven't
ventured there yet.

A windows Sablotron binary is avail here:
http://www.gingerall.com/charlie/ga/xml/d_sab.xml

There is also the MSXSL engine (and others), but i haven't messed with it too
much on the cmd-line.

--
Ryan T. Gallagher
ryan(at)studiesabroad.com