[doc] Tying the web page to CVS

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Apr 26 08:55:52 PDT 2004

Quoting Barsalou <barjunk at attglobal.net>:

> Is it fairly easy to tie the webpage stuff to the CVS?  If so, then
> maybe some of the links could just tie to the current version of the
> INSTALL docs, etc. That way, if you are looking for docs in the Wiki,
> you would be able to find them, without having to duplicate effort.

I'm not sure what you are asking, but I think maybe you are asking if
we can make a link from the wiki into the cvs repository?  If so, then
the answer is yes, we can.  But wouldn't that be confusing if we did
this for such a large number of docs, since the links would be to a
non-wiki site, which one could not edit, while most wiki users assume
they can edit things?

Or am I the only one who assumes you should be able to edit most things
in a wiki?

I don't mind the occassional non-wiki link in a wiki, but I wouldn't
want it to be the majority of them.

> Any other ideas?

No, not a one.

--