[doc] Experienced Horde users wanted

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jun 7 08:53:07 PDT 2004

We are taking big steps towards completing the missing features
(http://wiki.horde.org/display.php?page=MissingFeatures) for the
FRAMEWORK_3 releases (http://wiki.horde.org/display.php?page=BranchNames).

On our roadmap (http://wiki.horde.org/display.php?page=RoadMap) we are
currently at step 6 and we need your help for the steps 7 and 8.

We need Horde administrators who are experienced in setting up Horde and the
other modules. Please take a close look at the documentation distributed
with the modules (mainly in the "docs" directories, but also README for
example) fix what isn't wrong anymore, add what is missing and send us
patches to one of the mailing lists.

We also need upgrade paths to migrate from current stable versions to the
new versions. For most things we should have upgrade scripts in place, but
users will need instructions which to apply in which order. Other upgrade
steps are missing completely, for example which preferences to remove from
existing prefs backends to not create side effects on the new versions.

Again, if you update documentation, simply send us any diffs you made. If
you need to create new documentation, you can use our wiki to work on it
(http://wiki.horde.org/display.php?page=DocumentationStart). Either to keep
it there as an howto or to be integrated into the CVS tree later.

Thanks for your help and getting FRAMEWORK_3 out of the door
Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting.php