[giapeto] Per-page header selection.

Kyrian (List) kyrian-list at ore.org
Fri Jan 9 07:38:47 PST 2004

Hi All,

Some success with giapeto in the environment I've discussed previously,
but my client has raised a serious concern about Giapeto's
functionality.

The problem is that they use CSS and scripting very heavily on a
per-page basis, and these things have to be at least referenced, if not
included inline in the headers.

However at the moment, Giapeto only allows for a site-wide header file,
and a single site-wide footer file to be included.

Are there any ways around this, and/or is this per-page header
functionality planned for inclusion?

Also, there currently doesn't seem to be any functionality to have a
pre-set template layout (well, layouts), which can be re-used to a
greater or lesser extent, most importantly, a layout that you can call
up in one click for a page, without having to recreate the whole layout
for each individual page. Is this in the works too, etc?

To clarify(?), if you have a site which, for the most part uses the same
LHS, top, and RHS layout, but the middle panel changes each time,
Giapeto as it stands is going to be a PITA to use because you have to
redo the layout for each individual page (and there would be lots!),
rather than just calling up the basic page format in one click.

Apologies if I've just not RTFM'd enough, etc.

K.