[giapeto] mod_rewrite and /Home page

rwallace at thewallacepack.net rwallace at thewallacepack.net
Wed Jul 7 10:59:55 PDT 2004

Hello,

I'm experimenting with using giapeto for a site CMS.  Seems pretty cool
so far, though I haven't really gotten to dig into it yet.

I'm trying right now to get the mod_rewrite stuff working.  I added
these lines to the apache httpd.conf file like it says in the INSTALL doc.

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^/?$ /horde/giapeto/pages.php [QSA,L]
RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^(.+) /horde/giapeto/pages.php?page_id=$1 [QSA,L,NS]

Everything works fine if you use the full address to the page (i.e.
http://www.somedomain.com/Home or http://www.somedomain.com/Test), but
if you just use http://www.somedomain.com/, the Home page is brought up
but the image references are wrong.  They are the full path to the image
on the web servers filesystem, not relative to the document root.  So,
instead of /horde/giapeto/graphics/bookmarks.gif you get
/usr/local/www/data/vhosts/www.somedomain.com/public_html/horde/giapeto/graphics/bookmarks.gif

I've tried hacking the rewrite rules so that the first rule will change
the URL to /HOME and then removed the L from the options so the last
rule will correctly process it, but that results in the same thing.

Anybody got any ideas on this one?

Thanks
Rich