[giapeto] giapeto Digest, Vol 63, Issue 1

Kyrian (list) kyrian-list at ore.org
Sat Jul 23 12:11:52 PDT 2005

>Message: 1
>Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 13:12:34 -0400
>From: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>
>Subject: [giapeto] Giapeto usage - who relies on it?
>To: giapeto at lists.horde.org
>
>I'm considering doing some serious work on Giapeto (not a promise,
>unfortunately, but I keep coming back to it as the place where I should
>be scratching the majority of my current itches). Are there people out
>there who are really relying on the way Giapeto works currently? Are
>there people who really really really need it to work with php4?
>
>I'm not averse to creating an alternate Horde CMS implementation if so,
>but I don't want to create more projects than necessary.
>
>-chuck

Ready and waiting to chuck out a seriously naff old proprietary CMS in
favour of Giapeto, for a client. Both they and I are willing to
contribute anything back that we can, and there's also a development
server available for deployment of testing versions etc. Perhaps best to
discuss anything detailed offlist though.

I would also hazard that even though tbe people themselves may not
realise it, there's a large market out there for more heavily
customiseable versions of all the Horde tools with a layout engine as
well as just 'look and feel' themes type customisation.

K.

--
Kev Green, aka Kyrian. E: kyrian&#64;ore.org WWW: http://kyrian.ore.org/
  ISP/Perl/PHP/Linux/Security Contractor, via http://www.orenet.co.uk/