[gollem] Current status of gollem?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 30 May 2002 23:20:14 -0400

Quoting Liam Hoekenga <liamr@umich.edu>:

> Yeah, I think that among the file actions should be "Edit" and "View",
> and "chmod" should use a form instead of asking for the octal for the file
> permissions.

Yeah, probably. All on the todo list, more or less. Patches are great,
too. :)

> It might also be nice to offer an alternative, "Explorer" style view.
> One of the nicer looking webbased file managers we found had a fairly
> good "Explorer" view, but it's written in perl, and not easily integrated
> in to our environment:
>
>     http://www.horsburgh.com/h_filemanager.html

Huh. Kinda cool - I'll keep that in mind.

> Hopefully we'll be able to do some gollem development here at umich soon,
> as we're looking at using it to manage files accessable via the
> webservers (w/o having to turn FTP on the webservers).

Great! I won't hold my breath, but I look forward to it. :)

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in