[gollem] RE: [dev] Re: [cvs] commit: imp compose.php

Michael Varghese mike.varghese@ascellatech.com
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:12:49 -0400

I was trying to use VFS for the Gollem project, but I am having problems
with this implementation.  Chuck said that the VFS is designed for binary
data.  As of now, the VFS class only contains read, write, and delete
operations.  The VFS class contains no authentication or session management,
which is needed for Gollem.  Also, the VFS does not provide functionality
for getting a list of files from a directory.

I'm wondering if using the VFS class for Gollem would be a good idea or not.
Is this basic VFS class a good direction for Gollem?  If so, then how should
I implement functionality that is not included in VFS? If not, then is it a
good idea to create a separate driver based class specifically for Gollem
(which I have already done and sent to the Gollem & Dev lists)?

-Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: dev-bounces@lists.horde.org [mailto:dev-bounces@lists.horde.org]On
Behalf Of Chuck Hagenbuch
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2002 10:06 PM
To: dev@lists.horde.org
Subject: [dev] Re: [cvs] commit: imp compose.php

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:

>   Log:
>   Unserialize VFS output.

I haven't had a chance to poke at this new stuff yet, but... the VFS is
designed for binary data. You shouldn't need to - and, IMHO, shouldn't -
serialize anything going into it. Unless this is a serialized object, not a
file, in which case, nevermind. :)

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>