[gollem] backend configurable header displays

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Apr 23 01:56:15 PDT 2003

Quoting Liam Hoekenga <liamr at umich.edu>:

> I would like to change it so the file system attributes could be more
> flexible (mainly, I'd like to see ACL support.. we'll be using this
> against AFS, but Solaris's UFS, NTFS, etc have the concept of "ACLs"
> that extend beyond the traditional unix permission scheme).. but
> this'll do for now.

I'd very much like to see the permissions stuff abstracted out so that
different VFS backends can specify different permissions
methods/capabilities. Unix permissions, Horde Perms::, or the ACLs (an
extension of Horde_VFS_file that just provided the ACL bits should be
doable).

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>