[gollem] relative paths

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu May 8 17:42:40 PDT 2003

Quoting kevin mcgowan <clunis at umich.edu>:

> This change ( to support relative paths ) means we can do one of two
> things to support tilde expansion:
>
>      1.  in manager.php, detect arguments to changedir that begin with
> tilde and expand tilde ( would look almost identical to Chuck's
> relative paths fix )
>      2.  in getNativePath, detect the case where the last '/' in $path
> is followed immediately by a tilde and replace the tilde ( and
> everything to the left of it ) with the path from getpwnam
>
> I'm happy to write either or both for review, but do you have a
> preference?  Certainly the former is easier and cleaner, but I feel
> like the latter is more theoretically sound.

Can you say why you think the latter is more theoretically sound? In my
experience, a ~ has to be at the beginning of a path to be
processed/recognized correctly; I'm not sure why we'd want to process them
*inside* paths...

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
The alligators were there, too, in a bathtub inside the house.