[gollem] auto login = failed login..

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Thu Sep 18 11:20:49 PDT 2003

Our horde installation is behind our own web SSO, and we generally try to make
the login / logout from the various Horde applications as transparent as
possible - eg, not displaying a horde login screen, using our logout CGI, etc.

We're using the "auto" authentication mechanism for Horde (letting the SSO do
the real authentication).  When users go to Gollem,  they're just let in (which
is what I want, but it does it even when "hordeauth" is absent or set to
false.. both of which make me think there would be a login screen).

The problem I'm having is upon logout.  Logout works fine, and I've implimented
redirect_on_logout (which lets us point to our logout CGI)..

    http://www-personal.umich.edu/~liamr/horde/gollem_conf.xml.diff
    http://www-personal.umich.edu/~liamr/horde/gollem_login.php.diff

But when a user logs out, either using our CGI, or the default horde stuff,
pressing "back" in the browser pulls up a "failed login" screen, which is weird
because I thought I'd configured it to auto login.  The desired behavior is
that gollem would just log the user in again, no questions asked.  We're using
the VFS file backend, so extra login parameters shouldn't be needed.

Ideas / suggestions?

Liam