[gollem] Re: Can't get multi-user homedirectories working

Richard Hobbs hobbs at mongeese.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 07:30:11 PST 2005

Hello,

> Zitat von Richard Hobbs <hobbs at mongeese.co.uk>:
>
>>> You should use the regular horde_vfs table.
>>
>> I have now edited the backends.php file so the relevant section uses
>> "horde_vfs" instead, but i'm still getting the same problem.
>>
>> Please see attached screenshot for the exact error.
>>
>> The backends.php file says it's using "/home" as the root, and effectively
>> "/home/$username" as the homedir, but these directories are not
>> created inside
>> the horde_vfs table... should they be created manually, or automatically?
>>
>> Also, i'm using the latest stable release of the Horde framework and other
>> modules, not the CVS versions, if this makes a difference.
>
> It might. I remember some issue with autocreation of home folders being
> fixed recently. Try 3.0.4-RC2.

OK, i downloaded Horde 3.0.4-RC2, untar'd it, copied all the files over
the old
ones (using 'cp -r ./* ../../horde/'), copied all the dist files in 'config'
over the old non-dist files, except conf.php. I then went into the Horde GUI,
and re-generated the config because it said it needed updating. I have not
touched the database.

I then logged out and in again, tried to create a folder in root, and got the
exact same error message.

Would you like me to give you access to log into my Horde install, so you can
try this for yourself? I can't give ya shell access to the machine, but i can
add you as a user... Please let me know, so i can email you a
username/password
privately.

Thanks again,
Hobbs.