[gollem] Re: VFS::SMB module license status

Patrice Levesque horde.wayne at ptaff.ca
Mon Apr 11 08:02:03 PDT 2005

--98e8jtXdkpgskNou

> >> * The VFS::SMB module must be able to work on its own;
> >> * All functionalities of the original phpsmb GPL module must be kept;

This is the original author's interpretation of the LGPL, section (2d),
and as I read that section again and again I feel the 2 above
recommendations are simply reiterations of (2d) and not further
restrictions.

> >> * The code must be approved by the initial author.

This is for the initial GPL->to->LGPL conversion; as we are granted a
special permission from the initial author to fork to LGPL, this
condition is a simple way to obtain the final "You are allowed to
distribute this under the LGPL" with no possible confusion.  After that,
regular LGPL applies.

--=20
 --=3D=3D=3D=3D|=3D=3D=3D=3D--
    --------=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D|=3D=3D=3D=3D=