[gollem] Blank Screen in Gollem after install

Nick Cole nick at cole2.com
Fri Jun 24 16:02:38 PDT 2005

More fiddling about this evening, and now I think I've done a proper job
of installing Log - Horde writes to the log file now, which is encouraging!

I found the following page exremely useful in working out how to install
my own copy of PEAR on a shared server:

http://pear.php.net/manual/en/installation.shared.php

Two further tips for relative novices like me:

1. when the instructions say download http://go-pear.org, it really
means that, i.e. DON'T put a www on the front.

2. to change the php include path, don't replace this line in core.php

ini_set('include_path', dirname(__FILE__) . PATH_SEPARATOR .
ini_get('include_path'));

but add another afterwards:

ini_set('include_path', '/home/path-to-dir-with-PEAR.php-in-it/' .
PATH_SEPARATOR . ini_get('include_path'));

Hope this helps ...

Nick.