[gollem] linking directly to files

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Mon Jun 27 21:36:27 PDT 2005

> Quoting Marko Djukic <mdjukic at horde.org>:
>
>> Anyone have any objections to putting the directory path in the
>> download links
>> to files? Using just the session for storing the directory path means that
>> links can not be given out to other users or placed elsewhere eg. on
>> the wiki.
>
> I noticed this too and never did anything about it. I definitely think
> we should have friendlier download (and display) links in Gollem - full
> path, a nice simple script name, etc.

We can work on having "friendlier" download links later, but for now I
have implemented a solution that requires both an additional driver
parameter and a directory parameter that should allow us to be able to
universally link to any file on any driver independent of the current
session state.

michael