[gollem] Issues with SQL/home & horde_vfs

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Sun Jul 24 10:05:40 PDT 2005

Quoting Patrick McIntire <me at patrickmcintire.com>:

[snip]

> 1.  Why isn't Gollem creating these base directories if they aren't present?

Because there is no code currently in Gollem that will auto-create a
directory if it doesn't exist.  This sounds like something that should
be set-up on a per backend basis.

> 2.  Is defining root & home as their directories as secure as I can ger
> here using vfs?

Yes, it is secure.  As opposed to other backends, such as ftp, where
the ftp server is in charge of enforcing the security permissions,
Gollem is enforcing the security permissions when it comes to the SQL
vfs driver.

> 3.  From what it sounds like, do I have any idea of what I'm doing?

Yes.

michael