[gollem] Support for dynamic ftp server names, and configuring show_dotfiles

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Tue Aug 2 22:44:54 PDT 2005

Quoting Amos Shapira <amos.shapira at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> I'm testing Gollem for use at a hosting provider.
> We'd like to allow users to "just login" to gollem based on
> credentials automatically passed from our
> web-based management application.
>
> I test the latest releases - Horde 3 revision 2.13 from 2004/09/24
> (according to the README file) and Gollem revision 1.6 from
> 2005/06/08.
>
> As far as I dug into the source and googled around I haven't
> found a way to do the following:
>
> 1. Dynamically list the ftp server a user should login to,
> either receive it in a cookie or find it through some dynamic
> query to LDAP or an SQL database.
>
> So for instance the FTP server for a user who own domain
> "abc.com" would be "ftp.abc.com".

You should be able to add some code to config/backends.php to do this.
Just change the params->hostspec value to foo_function() and define
foo_function() at the bottom of the file and write your dynamic lookup
code there.

> 2. Pass the username and password to Gollem, to be passed
> to the FTP server.

You mean pass it through via the URL? (e.g.
login.php?username=foo1&password=foo2)  This will work minus the
obvious security issues inherent with this.

> 3. Configure things like "show_dotfiles".

This is done via config/prefs.php.  I'm not sure what you mean by
'configure'.  You can configure a users preferences however you want
(just like any Horde application) by creating the desired entry in the
preference backend.

michael