[gollem] Problem with IMPp atachments related to GOLLEM_BASE

George Lengel lengel at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 2 21:09:48 PDT 2005

Hi,

This is sort of an IMP question but also a gollem question so I
picked this list.

I am trying to replace a mishmash of programs at our company
with the Horde framework because of the integrated applications
and very nice interface. I have IMP, Turba, Kronolith, NAG, and
Ingo working. Gollem also works for transferring files, but
there is one strange problem.

I installed the applcations from the Debian stabe repository
except for Gollem which is only in unstable. The versions are
Horde=3.0.4 IMP=4.0.3, and Gollem=1.0. My PHP version is
4.3.10.16 and I am using Apache2.

If I login to Horde and immediately go to email and try to reply
or compose, I get an error message at the bottom of the compose
window
-----------------------------
Notice: Use of undefined constant GOLLEM_BASE - assumed
'GOLLEM_BASE' in /etc/horde/gollem/prefs.php on line 10

Warning: main(GOLLEM_BASE/lib/Gollem.php): failed to open
stream: No such file or directory in /etc/horde/gollem/prefs.php
on line 10

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required
'GOLLEM_BASE/lib/Gollem.php'
(include_path='/usr/share/horde3/lib:.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear')
in /etc/horde/gollem/prefs.php on line 10
------------------------------------

However, if I FIRST go to File Manager and simply open that
window one time then IMP works fine for attachments after that.
If I logout and login again, compose will fail again until I
click File Manager and open the Gollem window one time. The only
backend I am using is 'file' and the IMAP server IMP connects to
is on the same server as everything else.

Looking at the code, it looks like GOLLEM_BASE is not
initialized unless I call Gollem first and then use IMP. Do I
have something miscongured or has Gollem 1.0 not caught up to
IMP 4.0?

Thanks for any help I can receive.

George Lengel