[gollem] Gollem root & home

gollem@top-consulting.net gollem at top-consulting.net
Wed Sep 14 09:44:18 PDT 2005

Hi Guys,

i'm running into problems with the Gollem add-on.

I am using the SQL VFS backend and my main goal is to not allow users to view
each other's files.

That is what I use as far as root and home in my backends.php file

'root' => '/home/',
'home' => '/home/' . Auth::getAuth(),

Since I have tons of users and I can't create homes for them all, I also use:

'createhome' => true,

This works fine with a problem though... everyone can see everyone else's files!

I tried setting the root to the same value as home and although that DOES work
in limiting access to existing users to their own files, it DOES NOT allow new
users to enable their own homedir ( because of the root value which is set to
home.username, yet which does not exist yet in horde_vfs ). For new users to
start uploading files, root must be one level less than home. Once they have it
created, root can equal home.

That is my problem. I found an inelegant solution and if anyone can give me any
hints I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

My solution consists of "hiding" the [Root] link in Gollem so that users can't
click on it and view other people's files. It's inelegant because if someone
knows a bit about Gollem, they can still access the Root by entering the root
url directly.

To implement it, all I did was comment out the following line in
gollem/lib/Gollem.php

//$label[] = Horde::link(Util::addParameter($url, 'dir', $root_dir),
sprintf(_("Up to %s"), _("Root")), 'header') . '[' . _("Root") . ']</a>';