[gollem] actions, help and german translation

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue May 30 10:13:51 PDT 2006

> I copy 2 files from the current directory onto the clipboard.  I want
> to paste one into directory A and one into directory B.  This saves me
> having to navigate back to the original directory to do a "copy" again
> (which can be a pain in the rear).

So, how about this:

- If no items are on the clipboard, Paste isn't in the Actions menu
(or on browsers that support it, it is, but it's disabled - letting
people know it's there).

- If one item is on the clipboard, there is a Paste choice in the
Actions menu that pastes that one item.

- If multiple items are on the clipboard, choosing Paste redirects you
to the clipboard to explicitly choose which item to Paste (so the
action is where people expect it, but we still preserve the ability to
selectively paste things).

- Optionally, if there are multiple items on the clipboard, include a
Paste All item that pastes all of them to the current directory.

It also seems like the clipboard is an area where some selective Ajax
could really improve user experience - instead of loading a whole
page, show the clipboard in an overlap over the current directory,
etc. I may look at that if I'm bored and/or have some time (hah. I
mean, if I'm procrastinating).

-chuck