[gollem] FTP quota taken from SQL database

Oliver Kuhl okuhl at netcologne.de
Wed Jun 14 07:55:13 PDT 2006

Hi,

our FTP quota/usage is stored in a MySQL database. If I'm right, I
need a special FTP-VFS driver, which supports SQL quotas. I would like
to implement a solution, which makes it back into the horde project,
so I like to discuss the way to solve the problem.

Normally, I would simply extend the VFS_ftp driver to something like
VFS_ftp_sqlquota, but I'm not sure about this. It would be cleaner to
implement separate quota drivers which can be combined with other VFS
backends. But this means to change the whole quota implemenation in
gollem and maybe other applications.

What is your opinion about this?

Gruss,
     Oliver.