[gollem] Changing the dir where temp files are created with VFS

Rich Hutchinson rich at adastral.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Sep 27 13:38:34 UTC 2007

So, there seems to be another setting called upload_max_filesize which I
assume should limit the sizes of files allowed to be downloaded? Problem
is that it doesn't seem to work - I've decided to leave the /tmp
partition as it is, and instead just limit the size of files allowed to
be downloaded.

At the moment, I've limited files to 200Mb using the above setting, but
it's ignored, and files larger than that are still attempting to
download, resulting in VERY big ones just filling up the /tmp
filesystem, the vfs file is then NOT deleted, which often leads to other
errors on the server since nothing further can write to /tmp...

Does anyone have a workaround - basically some way of definitely
limiting the size of the file allowed to be downloaded?

Thanks!

Rich